Thank you for joining the fight against MS! With an experienced management team, well-coordinated routes, and special attention to riders’ safety and comfort, the National MS Society will help you every step of the way to make this experience one you will never forget. Follow these easy tips to get started today and help create a world free of MS.
- Register Today. All cyclists are required to raise a minimum of $250 in donations towards the Bike MS: Cox Atlanta Ride.
- Download the Rider Manual for helpful tips on fundraising and training.
- Familiarize yourself with your My Participant Center and its helpful fundraising tools including a personal Web page, donor e-pledge capabilities, and tracking measures.
- Fundraise! Utilize the online fundraising tools, send out emails with links to your personal fundraising page asking for support, and watch the dollars start rolling in! Strive to be a member of the 2014 Top 100 Club and be recognized for your fundraising efforts.
- Read all e-newsletter and e-mail correspondence for important information regarding the ride and for fundraising and training tips along the way. Want to be added to the e-newsletter distribution list? Email Alix Moore.
- Speak to a cycling professional at one of our Official Bike Stores about training tips, purchasing a new bike, getting the right equipment and getting your bike fitted. Attend one of the Official Bike Store’s regular training rides to improve group cycling skills and to meet other event participants. While you’re there, get your bike inspected for free August 1 - 31, 2013. An official bike inspection sticker entitles you to free labor while on the route should you need assistance.
- Keep training! Join a team or find a cycling buddy and help develop a riding regimen. Consult a physician regarding any medical questions you may have in regards to riding and hydration.
- Pick up your packet of rider numbers prior to the event weekend at one of the convenient packet pickup locations. Please note that packets are not distributed the day of the ride.
Note: The Minimum Pledge of $250 is due prior to or at packet pickup when obtaining your rider credentials.
- Familiarize yourself with the 2012 Ride Rules and Safety Requirements.
- Have fun! Remember, this is not a race. Be safe and be smart.