Bike MS Jr.
September 20, 2014
Bike MS Junior is an exciting program open to all cyclists between the ages of 5-11 years old. Held in conjunction with the Bike MS: Cox Atlanta Ride, Bike MS Jr. offers a specialized cycling and fundraising experience within Callaway Gardens for our youngest participants. Junior cyclists will enjoy secure routes within Callaway Gardens with breakpoints at various attractions within the park. This is sure to be an experience of a lifetime!
The 2014 Bike MS Jr. will be held on Saturday, September 14 and will begin at 8:00am. Participants should meet the Bike MS Jr. Ride Leaders between 7:30am- 7:55am at the designated area within the Beach Pavilion at the Beach Entrance of Callaway Gardens. Bike MS Jr. participants must be picked up from the designated area no later than 12:00pm.
REGISTRATION FEES & FUNDRAISING COMMITMENTS
The National MS Society – Georgia Chapter required a registration fee of $25, required at the time of registration. Additionally, community responsibility through fundraising is a key element to this program and as such, a minimum fundraising goal of $150 is required, due by the packet pickup.
Bike MS Jr. participants will have access to the same amenities provided to cyclists in the Bike MS: Cox Atlanta Ride including meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner), bike compound, overnight festivities, easy online fundraising tools and free bike inspections at official bike stores.
EVENT RULES & REGULATIONS
• The minimum age to participate in Bike MS Jr. is 5 years old by the date of the event.
• All children participating in Bike MS Jr. should be able to ride thier own bicycle, without training wheels, and must provide their own helmet.
• For the safety of our participants, adults are not allowed on the Bike MS Jr. course unless volunteering as a Rider Leader, Medical or Break Point volunteer. Background checks are run on all volunteers assisting with this event.
• Please note that the Rider Number issued to a Bike MS Jr. participant grants them access to the Bike MS Jr. event ONLY. The Bike MS: Cox Atlanta Ride has a minimum age limit of 12 years old by the time of the event.
• Equipment and accessories attached to a bicycle for transporting children and/or pets are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, bicycle trailers, Tag-Along or Trail-a-Bike products, and child carrier seats.
WAIVER FORM & RIDER NUMBERS
Every Bike MS Jr. participant must collect a rider packet and turn in a signed and notarized Bike MS Jr. Waiver Form at the Packet Pickup . The rider does not need to be present to pick up the packet as long a designated representative can turn in the rider’s form in their stead. Please note that all Bike MS Jr. participants must have their waiver signed by a parent/guardian AND have the waiver notarized, EVEN IF THE PARENT IS PRESENT AT THE PACKET PICKUP. Download the waiver HERE
Kids Can Fundraise Too!
Bike MS Jr. CONTACT
If you would like more information about Bike MS Jr., please contact us at